One day, in the middle of my usual life worries, I thought to myself, “What does it really mean to be successful?”
The things that came to my mind right away were; Money, Friends, and Abs. Ha-ha.
But the real definition of success is much more than that.
Real success is the ability to enjoy our life, day in and day out.
Sure, money, friends, and a healthy body will help us enjoy our lives, but we don’t need extremely high levels of each.
It’s more about the quality, than the quantity.
A few excellent quality friends is always better than a large number of not-so-excellent friends.
Of course it is also natural to think that the more money the better, but…
How we earn our money is just as important (if not more) than how much we earn.
You can have a job that pays $1 million a year, but…
The money won’t matter if you hate the work you do and struggle to get up every single morning, or…
The job’s hours are horrible and you have no time for friends and family.
A job that one enjoys and can be proud of is much more important that how much it pays.
Of course, however, we still need enough money to support ourselves and our families in a sustainable & balanced way.
What about health? Do we really need those 8-pack abs and beach model body?
No, we don’t. But…
We do need to be healthy enough to feel energized and secure about our bodies.
So, what is the real definition of success?
Well, I can tell you what it’s NOT…
- Success is NOT having as much money as possible.
- Success is NOT having as many friends as possible.
- And Success is NOT having the best body as possible either.
Real success IS...
- Real success IS earning enough money to sustain ourselves & family.
- Real success Is having a job that we actually enjoy and are proud of.
- Real success IS having quality relationships with close friends & family. And…
- Real success IS being healthy enough to feel good & secure with our bodies.
Keep this definition in mind while you search for your own life success.
And for more tips on health, wealth, and love get your free copy of the Find Life Success book excerpt at FindLifeSuccess.com
P.S. Here’s a video I made on this same topic — you may enjoy it better than an article.